What do you usually do in your free time? Successful individuals believe that continuous learning is important to satisfy your personal and career growth. Only when you allow ample time to both can you achieve a life that is prosperous (money wise), find contentment and eventually experience bliss. I know you must be asking yourself now – What does this have to do with learning how to knit a scarf?
Well, there are confirmed benefits on this particular hobby. First of all, can you imagine anyone knitting while displaying strong emotions? Patience and concentration are required to do this craft. The repetitive motion of needlework puts the knitter in a relaxed state and who wouldn’t what to experience that?
There are lots of available patterns accessible online that would allow you to create several useful items such as sweaters, mittens, blankets, baby booties and your limit is your imagination! You get to choose the fabric, in doing so you opt for textures that you like and color you’d like it in. What you create is totally up to you! It is completely customizable and nifty. There won’t be any waste of time and money because what you do is up to your budget constraints and depends on what you need. It lets you be goal oriented and yet considers your eccentricities. Cool right?
Try typing in your browser the keywords “Knitting organizations” and you’ll find a lot of groups linked to it. Wikipedia lists 12 organizations but there’s more if you change the keyword to guild, association or clubs. Getting into this hobby will allow you to expand your network, get involved in social events and share information.
I’m sure by now you realize the value of doing this craft and want to know more. Here are some tips to get started:
- If you are new to knitting, consider what you would like as your first project. Check online and get patterns you could work with. Start with something simple.
- Consider the materials which you would need. There are various yarns and needs to choose from. You may want to start first with a yarn. It’s cheap and easy to use. Be creative and play with colors.
- Watch videos and learn the basic stitches. You may check out ww.craftyarncouncil.com for step by step instructions and explore the basics with video tutorials.
- Plan out your week. You need to designate some time to do this. It may help if you set a goal for yourself on when you’d like this done. Take pictures and share them online to mark your progress and stay motivated.
- Do not give up easily. Perhaps you don’t like how your first project looked like. Don’t let this stop you from trying again. Practice makes perfect. The best knitters out there did not start with perfectly knitted sweatshirts! It takes time and practice. Remember, just as any skill, allow yourself room to grow.
- Maximize what you can learn by going out and joining organizations who can support you to become better. It will allow you to get best practices and veer you away from frustration. Have fun and enjoy the experience.